The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
10 Sherlockian Novels That are Perfect for Fans of Sherlock
Posted 4 months ago by April SPosted in eBooks and Audiobooks, Fiction and Mysteries and Thrillers | Tagged with Detective Stories, Historical Fiction, private investigators, reading recommendations, secret societies, Sherlock Holmes, suspense and thriller
Whether you can't wait for the next season of "Sherlock" to begin or simply love great mysteries, the stories in this blog post are sure to entertain. From recent novels paying homage to the classic consulting detective himself, Sherlock Holmes, to modern adaptations featuring inspired storytelling at its best, there's something for everyone to appreciate.
Mysteries / Detective Fiction
Books for Fans of the Infamous Detective Sherlock Holmes
- My Grave Ritual by G.S. Denning (Warlock Holmes series, book 3)
- The Whole Art of Detection : Lost Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes by Lyndsay Faye
- A Study in Treason by Leonard Goldberg (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes mysteries, book 2)
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss
- Holmes Entangled by Gordon McAlpine
- The House of Silk : A Sherlock Holmes novel by Anthony Horowitz
- Arrowood : Sherlock Holmes has met his match by Mick Finlay
- The Solitary House by Lynn Shepherd
- The Grimswell Curse by Sam Siciliano (The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series)
- Sherlock Holmes and the Eisendorf Enigma by Larry Millett
Can't Get Enough of Sherlock Holmes?
Looking for More Recommendations?
If the selections featured in this blog post fail to hit the mark, try exploring the new lists on our website or our Give 3 Get 3 service which provides personalized reading, listening and viewing recommendations.
Featured Image Credit:
Photo of miscellaneous antiques on table with papers - from Pixabay.