The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
GVRL - eBooks for Free
Posted over 2 years ago by April SPosted in Business & Investing, Education, Resources and Self-help & Spirituality | Tagged with Databases, eBooks, Gale Virtual Reference Library and GVRL
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) provides digital access to a variety of quality eBooks geared towards students, researchers, professionals and the general reader. With a wide-range of subjects including, but not limited to, the arts, business, education, environment, medical, and science projects we hope you’ll take the time to check it out. The materials available via GVRL contain some of the most recent, non-biased and accessible information available today. Kids will also love the full-text 100 page biographies of popular figures like Adele, Beyonce, Tim Tebow, The Dalai Lama, and many more.
New & Notable
To Access GVRL from a Computer:
Note: GVRL can also be accessed from the Research tab on our homepage (select Research, then General. Access to GVRL requires a valid library card & PIN.
Notable GVRL features:
- Translate text to a variety of languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Polish, Spanish, Vietnamese and many more.
- Highlights and notes
- Citation tools
- Download PDF, HTML or MP3
- Email articles with citation
To Access GVRL from a Mobile Device:
- Download the Access My Library (AML) app from the app store on your device.
- Open the App and enjoy.
Note: You must have GPS or location services enabled on your device
and be within 30 miles of a participating library location. The AML app
is available on Android and Apple mobile devices.
Notable AML features:
- Access multiple databases using one app: Artemis-Literature, Biography in Context, ChiltonLibrary, National Geographic Virtual Library and many more.
- Use Gale Powersearch to access multiple formats: magazines, academic journals, books, news, images, audio and video.
If you would like to learn more about Gale Virtual Reference Library or any of our other fantastic digital offerings – call our information line at 419.259.5200, visit us online or stop by one of our convenient library locations.