The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
Everyone has a story and sharing these stories with one another can help build real, personal connections and strengthen our community. The Toledo Lucas County Public Library (TLCPL) is dedicated to preserving the history of Lucas County with “Who We Are.”
Join TLCPL and share “Who We Are” through the Community Photo Album, Migration Story or the Share Your Roots programs.
Community Photo Album
TLCPL is creating a community photo album to preserve the history of Toledo and Lucas County.
- Snapshots from your favorite family gathering
- Photos from a 1980’s cross - country vacation
- Instagram selfies from a festival, fair or ball game
- Historical sites and landmarks
Submit photos digitally or by mail.
Absolutely anything, so long as it is about Toledo, Lucas County or its residents!
The Library invites the community to contribute to the acceptance of the migrant communities that help make our city great!
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of the migrant experience
- Using a pin and thread – trace roots from your country of origin, region, or another city that led you to Toledo
Share Your Roots
Join members of the community and share your story to build and strengthen our community.
Every Tuesday in March from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
March 5, Birmingham – Focus on Tradition
March 12, Kent – Focus on Community
March 19, Sanger – Focus on Home
March 26, Maumee – Focus on Memories
Share Your Roots - Celebration event for all participants
(S) April 6 I 10 a.m. – noon at Maumee Branch
Roots celebration event for all participants
- Share your story with others in the community and enjoy light snacks and dessert
- Receive a photo booklet with story excerpts