Join us in celebrating 100 years of service to the community!
April 9 | 10 a.m.
Mott Branch first opened in 1918 and was built with funds from famous library philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The branch is named after Anna C. Mott, an active Toledoan who left a portion of her estate to the Library.
To better serve the community, a new modern 21st century branch will be built directly across the street at Smith Park, adjacent to the Martin Luther King Jr. elementary school. Our centennial celebration will also serve as the official groundbreaking for this new facility!GET DIRECTIONS
April 10 | 10 a.m.
The location where our Maumee Branch lives has seen a rich history! It's been a seminary, a courthouse, a glass factory and was the site of an important battle during the War of 1812.
Maumee Branch was founded in 1918, through a donation of the Maumee battle site and $10,000 from known philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie. The branch was renovated in 2001. Our support group, The Friends of the Library, was founded at this location in 1973, and is currently active at all branch locations.get directions
April 12 | 10 a.m.
South Branch opened its doors January 16, 1918, and was built with funds from famous library philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Throughout the years, South has been an important asset to the Old South End community, serving a multicultural and diverse neighborhood, specializing in the Latino culture with both English and Spanish collections.
In 2004 the Branch relocated to its current location. This new modern building features glass walls and original Latino artwork.get directions
Kent Branch first opened in 1917 and was our first full-service library location. In 1974 a fire destroyed the original branch and it was then operated temporarily out of a storefront on Collingwood Blvd.
The new branch opened in 1976 at its current location in the former Academy of Medicine Building. In 2010, as a result of a 2.2 million broadband federal stimulus grant, the branch was remodeled which has allowed for additional staff and public use computers.
Locke Branch opened in 1917 and was one of six libraries built in Lucas County with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. The current building was completed in 2007, built with funding obtained from a 10-year bond levy approved by Lucas County citizens in 1995.
The branch is named after David Ross Locke (1833-1888), one of the early owners of The Toledo Blade. Locke wrote the popular Petroleum V. Nasby letters which were loved by President Abraham Lincoln for their satiric abolitionist humor.