King Road Branch: New Library
The 23,000 square foot, state-of-the-art building puts service and accessibility first and includes amenities such as a drive-up window, lobby open 24/7 for pick-ups, flexible and innovative meeting spaces, and a garage for the Library's Mobile Services vehicles including: the Mobile Technology Center, Bookmobile and Book Hauler. As a gathering place for community members to learn and connect, the new Library also features an interactive children's area, Tech Tools and an outdoor garden.
- 182-person meeting room capacity/handicapped accessible
- 12 public computers (including 5 iMacs)
- 2 children's computers
- Creation Studio (includes GarageBand for Mac)
- Drive up window to pick up materials
- 24/7 lockers in lobby to pickup materials
- Handicapped accessible
- 150 parking spots
- 8 handicapped accessible parking spots
- Free WiFi
- Self-serve faxing, copying and scanning
With the exterior of its main pavilion designed to replicate pages of an open book, the King Road Branch Library invites community members to participate in this newest chapter of Library services and witness history-in-the-making as this energetic and expanding community continues to write its story. A shining example of how our system is re-imagining itself, this branch, which opened to the public on October 10, 2016, is the first new location to open in 20 years.