Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
As the highest level of management at the agency, is responsible for the customer’s library experience, including the physical site management, staffing, customer service and other library services. The manager is also responsible for the development and maintenance of the agency’s relationships in the community, including schools, businesses, and local organizations.
The successful candidate will have a passion for serving the needs of customers of all ages from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and for supporting the essential literacy needs of the community including basic, digital, civic, visual, employment and health literacies.
- Library Services – manages and maintains a strong and current collection, ensures cost effective, appropriate public programs, maintains high quality reference and reader’s advisory services, addresses current and future technology needs and uses.
- Staff & property management – directs daily activities, including personnel matters, reporting/statistics and training, and forms goals and plans for the agency. Works closely with Facilities & Operations to maintain the physical department.
- Leadership – sets the service tone for the agency, fosters teamwork and communication, guides new staff and builds consensus. Exemplifies excellent public service and social skills.
- Outreach – Drives innovation and opportunities to further connect the community to programming, services and collections. Leads community engagement on topics of interest including; historical, cultural, and current events, through community discussion forums, programming, and other library services.
- Professionalism – maintains current knowledge of profession and applies awareness to agency work. Maintains active membership in professional organizations, actively participates in committee work, and collaborates effectively with other Library agencies and administrators. Represents the Library in a positive, professional manner. Drives continuous improvement in accordance with industry trends/best practices.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work cooperatively with all staff and the public.
- Ability to plan, assign, delegate, manage and evaluate performance and assignments.
- Knowledge of principles of library science and library methods, and library resources.
- Ability to speak publicly at professional and community functions as a Library representative.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Required)
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS (Preferred)
- Four (4) years professional library experience (Preferred)
- Supervisory experience (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
Manager/Librarian VI / VII
Branch Services Manager
$65,000 - $95,000
based on qualifications and experience
Priority will be given to applications by the deadline. Position will remain open until filled.