Requirements for Access to Equipment
- Prior to using Make U spaces and equipment, users must complete an orientation and register for a library card. Accounts must be considered in good standing.
- Prior to reserving Make U spaces and equipment, the borrower must review the appropriate guidelines.
- Independent use by those younger than 17 is subject to approval by Library staff.
- All personal equipment and items must be removed from Make U spaces at the end of the reservation. Personal property left in Make U spaces will be retained according to the Library’s Lost and Found policy.
- Setup, breakdown and clean‐up are built into the reservation time. Make U spaces must be restored back to the original condition by the end of the reservation time.
- Security of personal items is the responsibility of the customer.
- The borrower is financially responsible for the full cost of any intentionally damaged or missing equipment. An equipment review will occur between the borrower and Library staff prior to and after use of studios.
- Any damage or technical problems related to the equipment must be immediately reported to a staff member.
Rules of Conduct
- Make U visitors agree to adhere to the Library’s Behavior Guidelines.
- No drinks or food are allowed in Make U spaces.
- Items considered to be weapons, materials containing visual depictions that are obscene, contain child pornography, or which may be considered harmful to minors are not permitted and cannot be created.
Reserving Time in the Center
- The borrower who makes any reservation for equipment or space must be present at all times.
- Certain charges to use Make U may apply based on service used. Please see a staff member for details.
- A borrower may use the Make U spaces and creative software for up to 3 hours per day. These computers are reserved for creative projects associated with Make U type activities.
- The Toledo Lucas County Public Library is not responsible for the loss, theft or damage of files. Users are responsible for transferring or saving all files to their personal cloud server or to their personal external drive. Computers will be rebooted after the reservation time period ends and all files saved on the computer will be deleted.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Users shall respect Intellectual Property Rights. The Toledo Lucas County Public Library is not responsible for any infringement of Intellectual Property Rights that may occur.
*Terms are subject to change.