Featured Partner Programs
Metroparks at the Library
2020 Winter | Spring
Learn more about the outdoors and nature by joining us at more than 40 Metroparks programs at 14 Library locations this season!
- Camping Fun
- Connecting Pieces of the Past
- Forest Therapy
- Landscape Scene Investigators
- Rock It Out
- Surviving the Great Black Swamp
- Water Wonders
- Winter Trees
- Where Does Water Run
Career Exploration Sessions
with Owens Community College
Explore options for an exciting and/or new career by joining representatives from Owens Community College to learn valuable information about its various program offerings on:
- Broadcasting & Recording Arts
- Culinary Arts
- First Responders
- Health Professions
Becoming a Foster Parent
with Lucas County Children Services
Learn more about foster care and adoption, and the many ways foster parents are supported in Lucas County:
(Tu) Jan. 14 | 6 p.m. | Mott
(Tu) Jan. 28 | 10 a.m. | Lagrange
(W) Jan. 29 | 6 p.m. | Reynolds Corners
(Th) Feb. 20 | 7 p.m. | Holland
(Tu) Feb. 25 | 6:30 p.m. | Kent
(Tu) March 31 | 7 p.m. | Maumee
(Tu) April 28 | 6:30 p.m. | Locke
Gardening in Small Spaces
with Toledo Grows
Learn about many vegetables, herbs or fruits that an be grown in a pot or a small space in your yard.
- (M) Jan. 13 | 6:30 p.m. | King Road
- (Sa) Feb. 8 | 11 a.m. | Reynolds Corners
- (Tu) Feb. 11 | 6 p.m. | Locke
- (M) April 13 | 6 p.m. | Lagrange
- (W) April 15 | 1:30 p.m. | Mott (topic is worms)
- (W) April 15 | 6 p.m. | Oregon
- (M) April 20 | 7 p.m. | Waterville
- (W) April 22 | 7 p.m. | West Toledo
- (Th) April 23 | 6 p.m. | Main Library
- (Sa) April 25 | 3 p.m. | Maumee
- (Tu) April 28 | 7 p.m. | Point Place
Wolcott House Historical Lecture Series
at Maumee Branch
Home of the Maumee Valley Historical Society, the Wolcott House Museum Complex takes visitors back to the early 19th century and offers a peek at what pioneer life was like in the Maumee Valley. Join us for the Wolcott House Museum Guild's annual lecture series, featuring local authors and topics relevant to local history.
(Th) Feb. 27 | 10 a.m.
The Inside Story of the Battle of Fallen Timbers, presented by Julia Wiley
(Th) March 5 | 10 a.m.
Toledo Metroparks: Our Local Treasures, presented by Kenneth Dickson
(Th) March 12 | 10 a.m.
The Potato Famine and the Coming of the Irish, presented by Terence O’Leary
(Th) March 19 | 10 a.m.
Stonewall Jackson: A Legend in His Time, presented by Neil Buttermore
(Th) March 26 | 10 a.m.
John Pray: Founder of Waterville, presented by Jim Carter