The Library offers free socially distanced test proctoring as a support service to foster lifelong learning in the community. TLCPL does not receive compensation from test takers nor from sponsoring institutions. By agreeing to monitor an exam, Library staff takes on an obligation to the sponsoring institution to ensure security.
Tests are proctored in the LaValley Computers and Media Department at Main Library located at 325 Michigan St., Toledo, Ohio 43604. The department is located to your left as you walk into the Main Library Michigan Street entrance. If you need assistance, please ask any staff member and they will show you where the department is located.
Testing is available
Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Computers and Media department can proctor paper tests as well as computer-based tests. For computer-based testing, a computer will be provided for use that is equipped with a secure internet connection and up-to-date web browser.
Please note the following:
- Please bring your state issued photo ID. This is required, a copy may be made if required by the testing institution.
- School instructions are required and may be emailed by the testing organization to email@example.com.
- The test will be taken in a glass room. Because many tests are closed book and closed notes, we may be required to collect your notebooks, papers, smart watch, phone, tablet, and computer if these items are brought with you. They will be locked during the test and returned upon completion.
- Appointments are made on a first come, first served basis, however, we will do our best to accommodate your testing needs.
- Parking is located in a parking garage beneath the Main Library and is accessible from Adams Street. Please take a ticket at the gate as you enter the garage and bring it to your proctoring appointment. Your ticket will be validated so you will not be charged to park.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.