SUMMER READ 2021
June 1 - August 7
FIND YOUR HAPPY
- Just read or listen to any book for about 20 minutes a day for a total of 30 days between June 1 – August 7, 2021
- Track your progress on our reading folder or track online with Beanstack or with the Beanstack Tracker App on Google Play or Apple.
- Redeem your reading folder or complete a digital tracker for a special reward: books for children and teens, Find Your Happy mugs for adults. You will also be eligible for grand prize drawings including gift cards to local businesses.
- Call 419.259.5200 for help with registration or any other questions.
Need some help signing up? Here's a video to help you. WATCH NOW
MORE SUMMER OUTDOOR FUN
CHECK OUR CALENDAR
SUMMER READ TRACKING
for individuals and groups
Online: Track your summer reading online through Beanstack.
Reading folder: Pick up a reading folder from the Grab & Go table at all locations. You can also download a folder and use your own stickers or coloring. Sticker or color each day you read and then turn it in at any Library location when finished.
Groups: Track your group's summer reading manually with our group tracker. Download, print, and fill in your member participation. Contact Children's Library for assistance at 419.259.5231.
Frequently Asked Questions
Summer Read FAQ:
What is Summer Read?
Summer Read is free and open to all ages. Our goal is to encourage reading for fun! Log each day that you read between June 1 - August 7. You can also complete activity tracks to earn online badges as you discover fun activities and resources from home!
How do I sign up?
Sign up to track electronically via Beanstack or download and print the individual or group trackers to track manually. Don't have a printer? Pick up a reading folder at any Library location. If you already have a Beanstack account, just sign in.
This is awesome! How can I help promote Summer Read?
Pick up a yard sign at any Library location to show you are a proud Summer Reader or download a smaller window sign here. You can also share this webpage or our Summer Read video on your social media channel.
What if I think I already have an account but forgot my password? The default password is "beanstack" when you first register. If you never changed your password that may work. If it doesn’t work, then click Sign In and Forgot Password. You will be emailed a link to reset your password. If you don’t have an email address in your account you will need to call the Library for assistance at 419.259.5200.
How do I log reading in Beanstack?
Sign into your Beanstack account and click the "Log Reading and Activities" button near the top left. Select the reader you'd like to log for or choose "All Readers" if your whole family reads a book together. Select log your reading by "Days" in order to work toward completing the program. Fill in the information on the next screen. You can leave the title and author blank if you'd like. Click the "Log" button. If you read on multiple days, you can choose to log them all at the same time.
What rewards are available for reading this summer?
Thanks to the generosity of the Library Legacy Foundation, we are able to provide the following rewards for readers this summer:
- Register for the program: pick up a Summer Reader yard sign from your nearest library (while supplies last).
- Complete the program: Kids and teens choose a free book to keep from a special form. Adults will get a Find Your Happy mug.
- Everyone who completes the program and enters virtual tickets in the drawing has a chance to win a grand prize.
What are the grand prizes?
Thanks to the generosity of the Library Legacy Foundation we are offering a selection of gift cards and other prizes that support local businesses. There are options for all ages, interests and areas of Lucas County! Log in to your Beanstack account and click Ticket Drawings to see available prizes.
How do tickets for grand prizes work?
Readers earn tickets which can be placed in the grand prize drawing(s) of their choice. You can put all tickets toward one prize or divide them among all the prizes. Grand prize drawings are weighted—the more tickets you enter, the better your odds of winning.
- Completing the program = 30 tickets
- Writing reviews = 1 ticket (up to 10)
- Activity Challenges = 2 tickets each
When you earn a ticket, a pop-up window will show a badge and the number of tickets earned. You can distribute those tickets immediately or wait until later. If you don’t add your tickets to a prize drawing you will not have a chance to win.
Call 419.259.5200 for help with registration or any other questions.