The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
If you work with/support a nonprofit that’s experienced financial difficulties during the pandemic, your Toledo Lucas County Public Library is here to assist. Our grants specialist librarian can assist you in finding grant opportunities and also support your nonprofit organization through our services, specialized resources and by connecting you to other local providers.
Support is ongoing for organizations facing COVID-19 financial challenges and it comes in two forms for these groups -- the first is to address operational needs such as rent, employment expenses, personal protective equipment, etc.; the second comes in the form of grants available to organizations developing services and programs to meet needs arising from the pandemic.
The State of Ohio recently allocated $25 million to nonprofit relief, but at the time of this writing it remains unclear exactly how this funding is going to be dispersed. That said, here is a list of other active opportunities for nonprofits to consider for coronavirus-related relief:
- Nonprofit Reimbursing Relief Grants - The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) is providing up to $25 million in federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act grants to nonprofit agencies that serve low-income Ohioans and have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The deadline to complete the grant application is Nov. 27, 2020.
- Candid’s COVID-19 Requests for Proposals Page – this webpage hosts open requests for proposals across the country for COVID-19 related funding.
- Global Giving’s COVID-19 Grants for Nonprofits – this site lists funding opportunities for U.S.-based nonprofits and more.
- Grant Station’s COVID-19 Related Funding – similar to the resource above, this webpage also hosts open requests for proposal relating to COVID-19.
- Lucas County Small Business Stabilization Grant – supports not-for-profit entities with 50 or fewer employees and these organizations are eligible for grants up to $25,000. This program is funded through Lucas County’s allotment from the federal CARES Act. (Note - while this program just opened on Tuesday, October 27th, the application portal recently closed due to the volume of applications. Please contact the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
- Ohio Arts Council Resources– the OAC provides coronavirus updates, information regarding funding opportunities and FAQs here.