The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
The Local History and Genealogy Department of the Library is lucky to have a vast collection of architectural materials that we are digitizing and sharing with the community. New commissions are coming online weekly. These include blueprints, pen and ink drawings, architectural renderings in pastels, photographs and more. Recently, the Architecture of Northwest Ohio has undergone a significant redesign, with options making it easier to navigate and explore.
Browse the collection by location, navigating a map of Toledo and the entire region to see what drawings we have in your neighborhood. You could also explore the Old West End or downtown with this unique path through Toledo's history.
Do you know who designed your home, or have a favorite Toledo architect? Explore work done by these firms. See what other projects they completed and how their styles developed over time. David Stine is well known for designing the Lucas County Courthouse, but he also designed the Libbey House and Maumee Branch of the Library.
We have uploaded 100 unique structures so far, and look forward to adding many more. Check back often to see what new buildings were added to the digital library. Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance.
Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church
Charles Reynolds Residence
Freeman Company Commercial Building
Get Blog Updates
Sign up for email notifications about fresh content.
- Back to School Resources for Pre-K-Grade 3
- Hitchhiker's Guide to Sci-Fi Subgenres - Part 4
- Small, but Mighty FUN!
- Get Ready for Black Widow with Marvel’s Greatest Superheroines
- Great YA Books for EFL Students, Part II
- Classics Retold
- Historic Heroines: American Revolutionaries
- Smells Like Teen Spirit: Books Set in the '90s
- Discover Dolly!
- Reduce Waste Through Sustainable Living Practices
- 101 Picture Book Challenge (55)
- Arts, Crafts and Hobbies (102)
- Business and Investing (37)
- Children and Parenting (286)
- Computers and Technology (20)
- Cooking, Home and Garden (92)
- Coronavirus (36)
- Culture and Diversity (110)
- eBooks and Audiobooks (497)
- eMedia (80)
- Fiction (321)
- Health and Wellness (78)
- History and Politics (192)
- Library News (65)
- Local History (66)
- Movies and Music (174)
- Mysteries and Thrillers (95)
- Nature and Travel (98)
- New Books and Movies (106)
- Nonfiction (275)
- PreK-12 Teaching and Learning (218)
- - Grade Levels (112)
- + Preschool/ Kindergarten (39)
- + Early Elementary (1-3) (54)
- + Upper Elementary (4-5) (28)
- + Middle School (6-8) (19)
- + High School: (9-12) (23)
- - Subject Areas (78)
- Read-Watch-Do (18)
- Research and Resources (76)
- Romance (55)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy (114)
- Tech Tools and Making (14)
- Teen and Pre-Teens (138)
- Writing and Publishing (33)