The Blog of Toledo Lucas County Public Library
Do you have a last minute school assignment due Monday?
Would you like to learn more about women's rights (issues through pop culture)?
You'll find all that and more with Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL).
GVRL provides digital access to a variety of quality eBooks geared towards the general public, students, researchers and professionals. With a wide-range of topics including business, addiction, environment, technology, travel, women's rights, law, civil rights, medicine, science, history, biography and so much more we hope you’ll take the time to check it out.
The materials available via GVRL contain some of the most recent, non-biased and accessible information available today. And with an extensive collection of biographies featuring notable figures like Beyonce, Katie Perry, Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams, LeBron James, David Ortiz, Harper Lee, J.J. Abrams, Malala Yousafzai, Anne Frank, The Dalai Lama, and many more - you're sure to find some pretty interesting stuff.
New & Notable
To Access GVRL from a Computer:
Note: Access to GVRL requires a valid library card & PIN.
Notable GVRL features:
- Translate text to a variety of languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Polish, Spanish, Vietnamese and many more.
- Highlights and notes
- Citation tools
- Download PDF, HTML or MP3
- Email articles with citation
To Access GVRL from a Mobile Device:
- Download the Access My Library (AML) app from the app store on your device
- Open the App and enjoy
Note: You must have GPS or location services enabled on your device and be within 30 miles of a participating library location. The AML app is available on Android and Apple mobile devices.
Notable AML features:
- Access multiple databases using one app: ChiltonLibrary, Kids InfoBits and National Geographic Virtual Library to name a few
- Use Gale Powersearch to access multiple formats: magazines, academic journals, books, news, images, audio and video
If you would like to learn more about Gale Virtual Reference Library or any of our other fantastic digital offerings call 419.259.5200, visit us online or stop by one of our convenient library locations.