3101 Collingwood Boulevard
Toledo, Ohio 43610
The Art Tatum Center
and Tatum Center Collection
The Art Tatum African American Resource Center, located in our Kent Branch Library, provides historical and educational information on African American culture and heritage. Established in 1989, the Tatum Center Collection is comprised of nearly 10,000 materials, including books, magazines, videos and photos for all ages.
The Kent Branch first opened in 1917, and was the first full-service location. In 1974 a fire destroyed the original branch, and it was then operated temporarily out of a storefront on Collingwood Blvd. The new branch opened in 1976 at its current location in the former Academy of Medicine Building. In 2010, as a result of a 2.2 million broadband federal stimulus grant, the branch was remodeled which has allowed for additional staff and public use computers.
Take a look inside our Kent Branch!