Laptop Loan Policy and Use Agreement
I understand that by borrowing a laptop from the Toledo Lucas County Public Library I am responsible for the computer and all its components (hardware and software). A parent or guardian must sign this loan agreement in person for any juvenile card holder to be eligible to borrow a laptop. I will reimburse the Library for any damages if the laptop or any software or apps installed thereon is damaged, lost or stolen while checked out to me. The cost of replacing a laptop is $1,400.
I understand / agree:
- Laptops are for in-facility use only and can only be used in public areas of the library.
- I will not alter any settings or configurations on any device.
- I will not save information to the device.
- I must supply a data storage device compatible with the device to store my data.
- The loan period for borrowing a laptop is 3 hours.
- Devices must be returned to library staff at least 15 minutes prior to library closing, even if this does not allow me to use the device for the entire loan period.
- The Library will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of data or media due to any cause while using a library computer.
- I understand that Library wireless connections are not secure, and I will take appropriate caution with personal information while using library computers. I also understand that I am expected to abide by the same Internet Use Policy in effect for the PC workstations.