What do you see when you think about the future of Toledo and Lucas County? At the Library, we think emerging community investments, opportunities, and national recognition are changing the trajectory of our region. With our incomparable staff and resources, the Library is positioned to fuel this positive momentum. We're proud to be part of this region of makers, doers, and dreamers and invite you to join us in driving our strategic priorities to create a bright future for the community.
HELP CHILDREN LEARN TO READ. (Birth – third grade)
Have a measurable impact on the individual lives of children (birth through third grade) via Library tutoring, reading, and teacher-outreach programs in direct support of increasing the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment rate and the passing rate of Third Grade Reading Guarantee.
HELP STUDENTS SUCCEED. (THIRD – TWELFTH GRADE)
Provide pathways to success in the individual lives of students and young adults through participation in Library afterschool programs, strategic partnerships, and mentorship opportunities.
HELP ADULTS EXPAND THEIR HORIZONS WITHIN OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE.
Ensure ninety percent of Lucas County residents have an active Library card.
PROVIDE TECHNOLOGY ACCESS.
Ensure every person in Lucas County has access to a computer and WiFi when they need it.
PROVIDE TECHNOLOGY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT.
Ensure every customer can go to any Library location, at any time, to meet and/or expand their technology skills.
SERVE AS THE GO-TO COMMUNITY CONNECTION AND HUB.
Position the Library as the institution where community members turn when they want to engage one another or connect with vital community resources.
We will achieve these ambitious priorities with careful attention to our underlying beliefs that place the dignity, potential, and value of all staff and those we serve at the center of our actions.
- We believe in investing in people.
- We believe in building mutually beneficial community partnerships with organizations that are aligned with our mission and values.
- We believe in being open and accessible to all.
- We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of our work.
- We believe it’s our responsibility to find better ways to enable our people to serve our communities.
- We believe in sharing knowledge and connecting people.
- We believe that our customers are our priority and meeting the needs of our customers should drive our decision making.
- We believe we should be recognized as experts in our core services before expanding into other services in our community.
- We believe in respecting and including all team members and we value what each team member contributes to the success of the team.
- We believe in creating safe spaces that are honest and focused on advancing healthy relationships.