Library service for the Point Place community began in 1926 when the Lucas County Library opened a branch in the former Point Place Junior High School. When Point Place became part of the city of Toledo in 1937, Lucas County closed this library. In 1938 the Toledo Library System opened a branch in the same location. The branch moved in 1942 to rented quarters on Summit Street and stayed there until a new building was built in 1964. The branch outgrew this site, and in 1999 it re-opened at its current location.