703 Miami Street
Toledo, Ohio 43605
The Locke Branch, which opened in 1917, was one of six libraries built in Lucas County with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. The current building was completed in 2007, built with funding obtained from a 10-year bond levy approved by Lucas County citizens in 1995. This branch is named after David Ross Locke (1833-1888), one of the early owners of The Toledo Blade. Locke wrote the popular Petroleum V. Nasby letters which were loved by President Abraham Lincoln for their satiric abolitionist humor.
Take a look inside our Locke Branch!