The Sylvania Public Library was founded in 1927 and moved to its present location in 1958. It merged into the Toledo Lucas County Public Library in 1970. The building was extensively remodeled in 1989-90. This was made possible through the donation of property by Lester Bitner in memory of his wife, Dae.
Sylvania is the busiest of our locations in terms of circulation and reference questions. Due to the expanding population in Sylvania, an additional King Road Branch was built and most recently a renovation and 4,090-square-feet expansion was completed on the Sylvania Branch.