West Toledo opened in its present building in 1930. In 2001 it was remodeled and expanded. In 2013 it closed temporarily for one year to upgrade again, and expand from 18,987 to 21,515 square feet; re-opening to the public in 2014. Renovation includes exciting digital features such as the system’s first-ever 3D printer and a creation studio complete with GarageBand for Mac. This branch is such a beloved community center that the entire neighborhood is called Library Village.