Resources for Pre-K – 12 Teaching and Learning
- Live homework help and tutoring is available daily from noon to midnight at Tutor.com.
- Do you or your students need a Library card? It’s free and easy for anyone to sign up for eCards which provide almost instant access to all digital resources. Call 419.259.5200 to discuss options for getting cards to all of your students and/or special school access passes.
- Schedule 15 or 30-minute virtual class visits via Zoom or through your preferred platform. Customized visit to meet your students’ needs, including: storytimes for preschool - third grade; a guided tour of the Library website for digital reading or project research; and book talks.
- Are you looking for books for your students based on a topic and age level? Or do you need multiple copies of the same book? Or are you a licensed childcare provider looking for books to be delivered? Request Book Kit Bundles for pick up at any Library location.
- Enjoy online Storytimes for pre-school and emerging readers read by our children’s librarians and special guests including Toledo Fire Chief Brian Byrd, Dr. Romulus Durant, Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz, and more.
- Our children's librarians read aloud their favorite longer stories. We've selected narrative non-fiction, picture book biographies, classic (and modern) folk and fairy tales, and award winners just right for early elementary students.
- Find books for specific grade levels with our Accelerated Reader and Lexile Search Tool.
- Free printable worksheets and activity pages on hundreds of topics can be found at Scholastic Teachables.
- No printer at home? Contact your nearest library for help printing up to 10 free pages per day.
- Sign up for our helpful Educator Newsletter for tips on using all our resources to help your students learn.
- Stay up-to-date on new materials and book suggestions by subscribing to one (or multiple!) of our monthly book lists.
Read, Watch, Do
Activities for PREK-3
Many of the libraries have community gardens for you to pick from. After you read these books, check out the community gardens at the Birmingham, Lagrange, Locke, Maumee, Mott, and Toledo Heights branches.Continue Reading: Gardening resources for Preschool/ Kindergarten; Early Elementary (1-3)
Have you ever heard that April showers bring May flowers? Rain is important to help everything grow.Continue Reading: eBooks About Rain for Little Learners (Preschool, Kindergarten, and Grades 1-3)
Book ideas by topic and grade level
Suggest a topic or request a digital booklist by email at Childrens.Library@toledolibrary.org
Click on any link to view helpful tutorials.
Easy to use eMedia including audiobooks, comics, eBooks, eMagazines, music, movies and television for all ages.Find A Toolfor eMedia
Education and Homework Help
Get on-demand tutoring, test preparation, writing assistance and homework, science project and term paper help in over 40 subjects.Find A Toolfor Education and Homework Help
Activities to Go
We're bringing Library activity programs to you! Visit any location where we will have Activities to Go envelopes in bins outside. Each envelope has directions and supplies for fun activities at home for preschoolers, kids ages 5 - 10, and teens. If you can't get to a location, you can download the directions for each packet below. Take a picture of your creation and tag us on social media!Learn More