Expectations of Behavior
The following actions and behaviors are prohibited in the Library:
- Inappropriate dress: i.e., no shirt, no shoes.
- Creating unreasonable noise or mess.
- Smoking, including electronic smoking devices.
- Offensive and pervasive odors which are a nuisance to customers and staff.
- Bringing pets into the Library with the exception of service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Soliciting, panhandling, gambling for personal profits.
- Monopolizing or obstructing library space, including the entry.
- Improper use of library facilities and/or equipment, to include, but not limited to: bathing, shaving, or washing clothes
- Violating Library policies and/or guidelines, including the Eviction Procedures and Guidelines.
- Violating local ordinances, state and/or federal laws.
To help protect Library resources, we may ask to inspect briefcases, bags and other packages upon leaving the Library.
Parents, guardians or other caregivers are responsible for their children and their behavior while their children are in the Library.
Any person committing a criminal act on Library premises, or using Library resources, in violation of the law, including acts of vandalism or theft, will be subject to prosecution.
Suspensions and Evictions
Customers who fail to abide by the Library’s policies are subject to suspension of their Library privileges and/or eviction from Library facilities. Customers who fail to abide by the Library’s policies are subject to suspension of their Library privileges and/or eviction from Library facilities.
Evictions or suspensions of privileges will be determined by the Security Operations Coordinator or other appropriate personnel. A customer may appeal such a determination by sending a written objection to the attention of the Director or Deputy Director of the Library (325 Michigan St., Toledo, OH 43604) within seven days of being notified of the determination.The Director and Deputy Director have the power to affirm, modify, or revoke any suspension or eviction.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees. June 25, 2009
Updated December 2013