Expectations of Behavior
The Toledo Lucas County Public Library is proudly:
- Open to all
- A judgement-free place for everyone
- Shared by the community
- Used by many different people for many different reasons
We Expect Customers To:
- Respect the comfort and safety of fellow Library customers and staff. If your behavior is making others unsafe or uncomfortable, we'll ask you to stop.
Comply with requests from Library staff. If you don’t, we reserve the right to suspend privileges and/or access.
Comply with local, state and federal laws. If you break the law, we may prosecute.
Respect the privacy of all who visit the Library. If you are taking pictures or filming for personal use, please review and adhere to the Library's Photography and Videography Policy.
If you feel that someone or something is making your experience here uncomfortable or unsafe, please let a staff member know.
The following actions and behaviors are prohibited in the Library:
- Inappropriate dress: i.e., no shirt, no shoes
- Creating unreasonable noise or mess
- Smoking, including electronic smoking devices
- Offensive and pervasive odors which are a nuisance to customers and staff
- Bringing pets into the Library with the exception of service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Soliciting, panhandling, gambling for personal profits
- Monopolizing or obstructing Library space, including the entry
- Improper use of Library facilities and/or equipment, to include, but not limited to: bathing, shaving or washing clothes
- Violating Library policies and/or guidelines
- Violating local ordinances, state and/or federal laws
To help protect Library resources, we may ask to inspect briefcases, bags and other packages upon leaving the Library.
Parents, guardians or other caregivers are responsible for their children and their behavior while their children are in the Library.
Any person committing a criminal act on Library premises, or using Library resources, in violation of the law, including acts of vandalism or theft, will be subject to prosecution.
Suspensions and Evictions
Customers who fail to abide by the Library’s policies are subject to suspension of their Library privileges and/or eviction from Library facilities.
Evictions or suspensions of privileges will be determined by the director of Public Services or other appropriate personnel. A customer may appeal such a determination by sending a written objection within seven days of being notified of the determination to:
Toledo Lucas County Public Library, Main Library
Director of Public Services
325 Michigan St.
Toledo, OH 43604
The executive director or the director of Public Services have the power to affirm, modify or revoke any suspension or eviction.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Approved by the Board of Trustees - June 2009 and updated - December 2013.